8 May 2017: ING’s Dreamstarter crowdfunding platform is live with the six new social enterprise projects raising funds for a variety of social impact projects, from swimwear made from fabric developed from discarded plastic to virtual reality supporting pain relief.
The six campaigns are crowdfunding until 31 May and collectively are hoping to raise $135,000 to launch or scale their businesses.
The Dreamstarter projects include:
- Two Good Care – Two Good Care Packs of body wash, body lotion, shampoo and conditioner. For each Care Pack sold, another pack will be donated to a woman living in a safe house escaping domestic violence. Support their crowdfunding campaign to take the Two Good Care brand national.
- Seljak Brand – beautiful recycled merino wool blankets manufactured out of factory floor offcuts at Australia’s oldest wool mill. Support their crowdfunding campaign to develop a new closed loop product that also uses waste as a resource.
- Ocean Zen – Ocean Zen uses discarded plastic bottles and fishing nets littering the ocean to create the fabric used to make their high quality bikinis. Support their crowdfunding campaign to take Ocean Zen global.
- Go2Cup – Go2Cup places collection bins at events and coffee shops so reusable cups can be used like a single use cup and then be collected, washed and reused. Support their crowdfunding campaign to help Go2Cup scale their impact.
- Mindful Wealth Movement – the Mindful Wealth Movement empowers women to build a relationship with money that enables them to create financial wellbeing for themselves, their families and communities. Support their crowdfunding campaign and help more women build their financial capability.
- Virtual Mindfulness – Virtual Mindfulness will trial the use of Virtual Reality technology to deliver a course on mindfulness techniques to relieve pain and associated stresses for the physically disabled. Support their crowdfunding campaign to meet the capital costs for equipment and infrastructure required for the trial.
Visit ING Dreamstarter for more information about the projects and to find out how you can make a difference.
Kristen Costandi – PR Manager, ING
M: +61 413 317 225
About Dreamstarter crowdfunding
The ING Dreamstarter community provides knowledge, support and funding to help a wide range of social projects to affect real change in the communities we live in. The ING Dreamstarter crowdfunding platform is run in collaboration with StartSomeGood and supports social projects to get off the ground or build scale
Alongside the crowdfunding program, ING Dreamstarter provides grants for growth, to boost and grow projects when they’re up and running, and bursaries, to help the next generation of social entrepreneurs build their capacity and turn their big ideas into fully-fledged community projects.
ING changed the way Australians bank 18 years ago by launching the country’s first high interest, fee free online savings account. Since then, we’ve brought this low fee value to home loans, transactional banking and superannuation.
With over 1.6 million customers – and $34 billion in savings and $40 billion in mortgages – ING DIRECT has the highest Net Promoter Score of any bank.
Australia’s most recommended bank.
Source: Nielsen Consumer & Media View Mar ‘16 – Aug ‘16 (n=10,597) when compared by customers of 14 other banks operating in Australia.